Determining Your Shipping Costs
There are many factors that are used to determine the cost of your move to Alaska. It depends on the size of your shipment, what time of services requested and obviously, your final destination. Your move is a complicated process and it is our goal to make it as simple as possible.
There are five basic steps in the international moving process. No one company can complete the entire international moving process without working with other specialized companies. Pricing is dependent on one or more factors:
1. Origin Services. Our agent near you will provide an initial survey to determine how much weight and cubic feet of household goods you are intending to ship and what special services are needed. The agent will provide all packing boxes and furniture wrapping material. They will provide descriptive inventory of your belongings and complete the preparation process of the crates for shipping to port. We will send the agent ocean markings to indicate on the lift vans and container pertinent information necessary for shipment.
2. Trucking to Port. After your shipment is loaded either on pallets, liftvans, or containers, your shipment is ready to be transported to the port agent or directly to the port for transportation. The trucking fees are determine by cubic feet and weight and the cost of such service is already figured into your quote. The move coordinator will send the relevant paperwork to the trucker and who will then coordinate with the origin agent regarding when he/she can come to pick up the shipment at their warehouse.
3. The Port Agent. If you are moving out of the country, your pallets and lift vans will be delivered to our Port Agent. The port agent receives the shipment and consolidates your shipment with other household goods shipments going the country you are moving to. The containers are loaded with multiple shipments; however, we don't take your shipment out of the pallets or lift vans but keep it as is into the container. This approach will help protect your shipment from loss and damage for it mitigates multiple handling of the shipment. The port agent then delivers the full container to the ocean carrier ready, for export.
4. Ocean Liner: We are licensed by the Federal Maritime Commission. Our NVOCC license allows our company to work with all of the ocean carriers. This means that we can legally ship household goods to every port all over the world. Once your shipment arrives at the destination port, the ocean carrier releases your shipment to our destination agent.
5. Destination Agent. We have a comprehensive list of partners/agents worldwide. Our agents will unload, unpack as requested, put things together that were taken apart by us at the origin, and remove all wrapping and packing debris from the residence. If necessary, they can provide storage at their state-of-the-art facilities. All our agents have fully trained personnel and drug testing policies to make sure that only qualified personnel arrive at your new home.
6. Vehicle Shipment. Vehicles are shipped door to port, port to port or port to door.
7. Additional Fees. Your shipments may require special crating, long carries, elevator, stairs, insruance, etc. Such fees are determine at the time of your pre move survey.
As you can see, your move involves coordination with multiple companies from start to finish. This process requires organization skills, communication, professionalism, experience, and expertise which describes Premier Van Lines International to the tee!
For a custom quote and get your questions answered, do call us at 877.784.2111 or shoot an email to Neena at email@example.com and obtain all the information you need to streamline your move as smoothly as possible. Additionallly, you can text your quote request at 619.465.0518 as we respond to phone calls, emails and texts either that day or the very next day.
*** Premier Van Lines International is a member of the American Trucking Associations (ATA) - ATA is the largest and most comprehensive national trade association for the trucking industry.
*** Premier Van Lines International is reinstating our Pro-Mover Designation. "The ProMover is a certification program that gives consumers an easy way to separate reputable, professional movers from “rogue operators.” The ProMover certification takes the worry and the hassle out of moving by helping consumers identify professional movers who have agreed to abide by high standards and by providing information and assistance with everything from finding a mover, to getting an estimate and packing tips, to understanding valuation and insurance."
*** Premier Van Lines International is also member of the California Moving and Storage Association (CMSA). This is an association representing licensed and insured movers operating in California who abide by CMSA's code of ethics.
Premier Van Lines International, San Diego Office
Neena Dee, CEO
PO BOX 974
Spring Valley, Ca 91976
Toll Free: 877.784.2111
Office or Text: 619.465.0518
Premier Van Lines International, Corporate Office
Richard Jensen, CFO and Move Coordinator
Premier Van Lines International is licensed, bonded & insured.
FMC #: 024223
US DOT #: 3662762
MC #: 01266993
FF (Freight Forwarder) #: 049742
CA Corporation #: C3849674
NVOCC (Non-Vessel Ocean Common Carrier) #: 019297NF
SCAC: PVLL; PV09
Domestic: Gray Casualty & Surety Company Surety/Trust #: GSC0602872
International: Hudson Insurance Company Bond #: SC400130